Entries are now open for the 2020 STCV Calendar Competition!
To be eligible your photographs must meet the following criteria;
- be a minimum of 4.5MP;
- be of Scotties doing all sorts of things;
- be your own Scottie;
- not contain people;
- not be professional shots;
- not be ‘Show’ shots; and
- not contain any form of advertising.
Please read the Terms and Conditions and use the following form to submit your entries for the chance of one of them featuring in the 2020 STCV Calendar.
Entries will be open until 31st August 2019 so that the voting process can begin in early September. Links to all the entires will once again be available for viewing prior to shortlisting and commencement of the voting process.
Terms and Conditions
This Calendar Competition (the ‘Competition’) is conducted by the Scottish Terrier Club of Victoria Inc (A0031304U) (the ‘STCV) and is subject to the following Terms and Conditions (‘Conditions’) and by entering the Competition you agree to be bound by them.
- By entering the Competition, you warrant to the STCV that all information submitted by you regarding yourself and your Competition entry (‘Entry’) is true and accurate and complete in every respect. The STCV reserves the right to verify any information provided in connection with your Entry.
- All Entries must be received by midnight on 31 August 2019(‘Closing Date’).
- The Competition is open to persons regardless of their location provided that they are able to enter the Competition without breaching any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- The STCV shall be entitled to assume that the parents or guardians of any entrant who is less than 18 years old have consented to that person’s Entry into the Competition. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to the STCV’s satisfaction that their parent or guardian has given their consent to such Entry.
- The STCV reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to STCV disqualifying that person, without STCV being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The STCV reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. The STCV may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the STCV corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition. The STCV will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Competition.
- Entries should be submitted in a HIGH RESOLUTION format and in order to qualify, the Entries must:
- be submitted in a digital format
- be a minimum of 4.5 Megapixel
- be of Scotties doing all sorts of things
- be of your own Scottie
- not contain people
- not be professional photos
- not be ‘Show’ shots
- not contain any form of advertising
Images which are not high resolution may be discounted from the competition. Entries should be submitted by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in these Conditions. Failure to do so may result in the Entry being refused.
- Unlimited Entries per dog and per household are permitted.
- Once judging closes a panel of assessors from the STCV will review all Entries and make a shortlist (if required) for voting. The shortlisting process will aim to:
- Limit the number of Entries per dog and per household to ensure that all entrants receive the opportunity to have their photograph included in final voting. The number permissible will depend on the total number of Entries so that a manageable number of photographs are released for final voting.
- Ensure a good depiction of Scottish Terrier types is included (colour etc).
- Ensure a range of activities and backdrops so that the calendar, once produced, is of a high commercial quality.
- Ensure a mixture of photograph orientations.
- Voting will be conducted online and promoted to the general public to cast their vote. Entrants are able to invite friends and family to vote but only one vote per IP address will be accepted in an attempt to prevent entrants ‘gaming’ the voting system.
- The 2020 Calendar Competition winners will be determined by the photographs with the most votes, however, only one winner per household will be permitted. The STCV reserve the right to make the final decision on winning photographs so as to ensure fairness and equity to all entrants. Winners will be notified by email.
- The STCV accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed whether due to transmission errors, website malfunction, computer error or otherwise.
- Entrants agree to their entries appearing in the Scottish Terrier Club of Victoria 2020 calendar, as well as on the STCV’s website, Facebook, and other social medias.
- By submitting an Entry in the Competition you grant to the STCV a non-exclusive royalty-free worldwide commercial licence unlimited in time, to use the Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) in all formats and in any medium of communication, and for all promotional purposes which the STCV shall consider appropriate. You represent and warrant to the STCV, with the intention that STCV shall rely on such representation and warranty, that each of your Entries is original, and that you own each of them exclusively and have the right, without the permission of any other person or legal entity, to license to STCV the rights in the Entry for all the purposes contemplated in these Conditions. The scope of the licence granted to STCV in this paragraph shall include your irrevocable permission to STCV to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, and sell (your image may appear on materials we sell e.g. cards, calendars, flyers etc) your Entry worldwide for such purposes as STCV deem fit without restriction.
- All Competition entrants unconditionally agree to the use of their dog’s name with any Entry that is published in any form in any media.